As a medical tourist travelling to India, it is imperative for you to note certain important pointers – especially, if you are a first-time traveller. Planning your itinerary must include the following:
- A confirmation from your doctor that you are fit enough to travel.
- Keep your local doctor abreast with your plans to pursue treatment with Gleneagles Global Hospitals such that follow-up treatment and procedures can be hassle-free when you go back home.
- Confirm the credentials as well as the experience of the doctor, who will treat you.
- Talk to the doctor who will treat you about the procedure to be undertaken. Also, inquire about other things like follow-up care needed, the time required for recovery and physiotherapy.
- Make sure you have all the relevant documents when you travel. Gleneagles Global Hospitals provides you with locker facilities for your valuables and important documents.
- Passport and visa: You will need a passport for yourself and your travel companion (if any).
- Credit cards, debit cards and travellers checks: Bring some local currency, travellers’ checks and one or two major credit cards and debit cards.
- Medical Records: X-Rays, health histories, photographs, immunization records, prescriptions, and any other relevant health records.
- Please carry valid international driver’s license if you want to hire your own vehicle in India.
ILDT works extensively with its international patients to ensure that their travels are hassle-free and easy. However, patients ought to be vigilant and aware as well.