Dr. Priya Ramachandran is a Pediatric Surgeon and works as a senior consultant in KanchiKamakoti CHILDS Trust Hospital and Global Hospital. She passed out from Madras Medical College and was the Best Outgoing Student of her batch for which she was awarded the Johnstone gold medal. Subsequently she completed her General surgery training in the United Kingdom and obtained the Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons (FRCS) from England and Edinburgh. She underwent training in Pediatric surgery at the Institute of Child Health, Chennai, India and Children’s National Medical Centre Washington, DC, USA. This was followed by training in Pediatric Urology at the Royal Manchester Children’s Hospital, U.K. She obtained her DNB in Pediatric surgery and started her career as a Consultant Pediatric Surgeon at Kanchi Kamakoti CHILDS Trust Hospital. She obtained her PhD from Tamil Nadu Dr.MGR Medical University in 2007on the “Enteric Innervation of the Small Bowel in Jejunoileal Atresia”. She was awarded the Purushotam Upadhyay Research award by the Association of Pediatric Surgeons of India in 2007 and “The Hari Om Ashram Prerit Dr S Rangachari award” by the Association of Surgeons of India in 2008 for her research work. Her special interest is Pediatric Hepatobiliary surgery and her current research interest is Biliary Atresia.
- President of India’s Silver medal for the best outgoing student of the Madras Medical College
- Many merit awards for various subjects during MBBS study tenure
- The Purushottam Upadhyay award for the research work and thesis by the Indian Association of Paediatric Surgeons
- The Hari Om Ashram prerit Dr. S. Rangachari award endowment” by the Association of Surgeons of India
- Best Research paper award at the 35th conference of Indian Association of Paediatric Surgeons (IAPSCON 2009)