Dr. Chandan graduated from Kasturba Medical college mangalore and did MD General Medicine from Kasturba Medical college Manipal under Manipal University. Subsequently he was the first to complete super-speciality training in Hepatology from Institute of Liver and Biliary Sciences, New Delhi under the able mentorship of Prof S K Sarin. He then got short training in Division of Liver Diseases and Transplantation, Mount Sinai Medical Centre, New York, USA and in Liver Intensive care unit, King’s College Hospital, London, UK. He has previously worked as Assistant Professor in Department of Hepatology, Institute of Liver and Biliary Sciences, New Delhi, India and then consultant Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Department of Medical Gastroenterology, Mazumdar Shaw Medical Centre, Narayana Health City, Bangalore, India. He is a member of AASLD, EASL and ISG societies. His special interests are acute-on-chronic liver failure, liver regeneration, portal hypertension and liver transplantation.
- Acute-on-chronic liver failure
- Liver regeneration
- Portal Hypertension and hemodynamics
- Liver transplantation
Awards & Honours
- Indian Society of Gastroenterology Conference 2014 Mumbai, India: Presented plenary paper on “Combination of Granulocyte colony stimulating factor and Erythropoieitin improves outcome of patients with decompensated cirrhosis”. Awarded Best Plenary paper award (2nd prize) award.
- APASL Annual Conference 2014 Brisbane, Australia: Presented 3 Posters of Distinction titled “ Reduction in liver stiffness at one month is a predictor of survival in acute-on-chronic liver failure”, “Predictors of terlipressin related adverse effects in liver cirrhosis and its influence on survival”, “Hepatic Venous Pressure Gradient- Biodata of a cirrhotic”.
- EASL International Liver Congress 2014 London, UK: To present Research paper as poster titled “ A Randomized controlled trial to study the efficacy of combination of pentoxiphylline and vitamin E versus vitamin E in patients with non alcoholic steatohepatitis. Awarded Young Investigator Full Bursary award.
- AASLD The Liver Meeting 2013 Washington DC, US: Presented paper as Presidential Poster entitled “ Combination therapy of G-CSF and EPO improves transplant free survival in decompensated liver cirrhosis”